Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fiesta Chicken Casserole

I found this recipe on pinterest, I know shocking. However I went back to click on the recipe and a wonderful "this recipe is no longer available" page showed up. Thanks http://www.tasteofhome.com. Luckily, I have some ocd moments and saved it on the computer.

Ingredients:
1 package of refrigerated pie crust (make sure there are 2 crusts). I am not gifted at making pie crust, if you are (I secretly hate you because I am jealous of you.. yah it's an odd complement, just take it and lets move on)
16oz of chunky salsa, any kind, any heat, homemade rocks too
10 3/4oz condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 small can. I make my own, you can too if you'd like check out: http://nomnomwarrior.blogspot.com/2012/08/condensed-cream-of-whatever-soup.html
1 C sour cream
2 C shredded cheese, can use sharp or fancy blended melodies
24 oz frozen whole kernel corn
2 cans (9.75 oz) white chunk chicken breast in water, drained. I know, I know what in the world. If you want chicken just cook up a breast or two, and dice. Or omit it, I left it out, and it was delish.
1 - 15oz can black beans, rinsed, and drained. I doubled the beans because I left out the chicken.
1 - 9x13 casserole dish

Directions:
1. If using refrigerated pie crust let them stand at room temperature for 15mins
2. Mix salsa, condensed soup, sour cream, cheese, corn, chicken (if using), and beans in a large bowl
3. Spoon mixture into your 9x13 casserole dish
4. Unfold pie crusts on lightly floured surface, lay crusts side by side so they overlap by 3 inches in the center. Press the seam to seal.
5. Place over the mixture in your casserole dish, trim off excess crust, and cut slits in the crust
6. Bake at 400F for 40mins or until crust is golden brown



No comments:

Post a Comment