Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chimichangas & Sopapilla Cheesecake

Chimichangas:

I am wrap challenged. Seriously, if my life depended on successfully wrapping food in a soft tortilla shell, I would die. By some miracle I was able to get all of these wrapped correctly that the filling didn't fall out. Ok so I might have cheated, and exactly measured out the filling, but it worked. Victory is victory right :P
Now when I think chimichangas I think thinner, neater, than what these turned out to be. Mine were like short fat burritos, but the taste was amazing. I have even made these a few times. Only thing I did different was add cheese, and the second batch I made I added refried  beans. Ok I lied, I did something else different. I didn't butter them until I was ready to bake. I placed them in the fridge to firm up, and then buttered them as I went. If you want to rock out the deliciousness top them with sour cream and salsa.
These do freeze well, do not butter, and wrap individually. Place in fridge to defrost, butter, and bake.
http://www.food.com/recipe/streamlined-chimichangas-16371


Sopapilla Cheesecake:

I wanted a Mexican dessert, and found this gem! Even better it was super easy, and totally wonderful. It is a 100% cheatable recipe, I mean there is really nothing homemade about it. Flavour is amazing, and you can even have it as a sweet breakfast, with a nice cup of coffee. I did add more cinnamon, I love me some cinnamon!
http://myellowumbrella.blogspot.com/2010/10/sopapilla-cheesecake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment