Thursday, September 13, 2012

French Toast Bake

This is amazing, easy, and delicious. It is sweet, like sugary sweet, no syrup is required, but hey if you have an uber sweet tooth go at at. I bet your dentist will love you for it ha!

Now the original recipe can be found here: http://sheldonrachel.blogspot.com. I will be writing what I did to it. It was a huge hit with adults, and children too. Think of it as an upside down french toast bake, since the sugary topping is actually on the bottom of the pan.

Ingredients:
1/2 C melted butter, 1 stick
1 C brown sugar
1 loaf of Texas toast (thickly sliced toast), I cut crusts off
4 eggs
1 1/2 C milk
1 tsp vanilla, if you believe in measuring vanilla
Cinnamon
9x13 pan

Method:
1. Melt butter on stove top, and add brown sugar, stir until well mixed. You can do this in the microwave
2. Pour buttery sugar mixture into 9x13 pan, spread evenly as possible
3. Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla (can add a dash of cinnamon if you like)
4. Lay single layer of bread in pan
5. Spoon half of egg mixture onto bread
6. Can sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon... I like cinnamon
7. Add the second layer of bread
8. Spoon remaining egg mixture over bread
9. Add more cinnamon, yup I really like cinnamon
10. Cover, and place in fridge up to 24hrs but minimum 1hr.
11. Remove from fridge while you preheat oven to 350F
12. Bake 30mins covered
13. Bake uncovered for 15mins, I would do 20mins next time.
14. Serve warm, with syrup if you have an extra sweet tooth.

If your family loves french toast, or pancakes they will love this. My pan made 14 small size pieces, but I had a lot of other breakfast foods being served too.

No comments:

Post a Comment