Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crockpot Potato Soup

I love soup, seriously I love it we are eating it in 95F weather! I could eat soup everyday, no lie. Could be that I grew up in a rainy area, could be the comforting warm feeling when you eat soup, or a combination of both. This potato soup I found online and altered it. I encourage you all to have fun with it and put your own mark on it.

6 large potatoes diced (you can peel but I didn't)
2 diced medium onion (can add more or less)
16oz frozen corn
Chopped celery (3 stalks, but can add more, less or leave out)
5 C chicken or vegetable stock (if you don't have stock on hand add 5 chicken bouillon cubes to 5C water)
1 (12oz) evaporated milk (you could use whole milk if needed)
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1 TBSP salt
Pepper (I added lots, I love pepper)
Garlic (as much or little as you like it)
1/2 C butter
1/2 C flour
*Feel free to add other vegetables that your family loves like carrots, cauliflower or broccoli

Add vegetables, stock, spices into crockpot.
Cut butter into pot (you can leave whole, it will melt)
Whisk in flour (trust me it won't be a lumpy mess)
Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours (I recommend 10hrs)
Stir twice throughout cooking process.

No comments:

Post a Comment