Friday, August 12, 2011

Baked Chicken, Rice + Veggie

Want a great one dish meal that is super easy to make? This is the one for you!!
Even my picky 3yr old loves this, well sometimes ;o)

Feeds a family of four!

9x13 baking dish
1 small (10.5 - 10.75oz) can of cream of soup (I use sodium free cream of celery)
1 1/3 C water
3/4 C rice (anything but instant, I use basmati)
2 C chopped veggies, I use frozen broccoli
4 chicken thighs with or without skin (I always remove the skin)
Sprinkling of cheese, whatever your family loves
Spices (I just use some pepper)

Preheat oven to 375
In baking dish empty soup can, spices and whisk with water
Add rice and mix well
Add veggies and mix well
Place chicken thighs
Sprinkle with cheese
Bake for 45mins or till chicken and rice is done

If chicken thighs aren't your thing you can sub. with chicken breasts or legs, turkey or even tofu cubes.

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment