Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tomato Soup Spice Cake

I always wanted to make a tomato soup cake. I was nervous, so I made it for a church fellowship meal. This way we could all share in my baking experement haha. I will say out of my 9x13 tray there were only four small peices left.

Ok  confession time I didn't make this from scratch. Yes I cheated I used a cake mix. Let me tell you this cake made me work. The oven ignition went out so I had to take the cake for a walk across the street and bake it in the church oven. I did also mix it all by hand. So can I call it semi-homemade? ;P

1pkg Spice Cake
1 can tomato soup (10.75oz, the small one)
1/2 c water
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350F
Grease and lightly flour  a 9x13 dish (or two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans)
Mix eggs, water, soup, and cake mix
Pour into prepared pans
Bake 25 minutes or until done (my 9x13 took exactly 25mins)
Cool on wire racks 10 minutes
Remove from pans and cool completely (I left mine in pan)
Frost with cream cheese icing

No comments:

Post a Comment