Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crockpot Italian Chicken in Cream Sauce

This is absolutely delicious, I served it with mashed potatoes and corn. However it would go great with any side dish.

Here is the official recipe:

6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/4C melted butter
1 .7oz pkg italian salad dressing mix
1 10 3/4oz cream of mushroom soup
1/2c dry white wine (or apple juice)
1/2 of 8oz tub chive onion cream cheese

Put chicken in crockery pot
Melt butter add italian dressing
Mix in rest
Pour over chicken
Cook low 4-5hrs


When I made it first I doubled the recipe, and I used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts.
For the amount of meat I needed it was actually cheaper, and gave better portion sizes for children.

Now when I make this again (because I will make it again) I will leave out the apple juice (or white wine) so the sauce will be thicker, as it was a tad runny. I also used cream of celery soup, simply because I wanted to.
I also found that cooking it on low, the time needed to be longer for my crockpot and for the amount of food I had in there.

Hope you enjoy :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment