Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peanut Butter Cup S'mores


I have been blessed with being in charge of making meals for our Wednesday night bible study. Ok I was given this task by default, lets call it a perk of being the associate pastors wife ha! It's alright because I really do like to cook, bake, and try out new recipes. How could I not try out new recipes when I have a willing, and hungry audience. My goal for this bible study is coming up with easy meals. After all I am still adjusting to life with a freshly 6wk old bouncing baby boy, and trying to keep up with his big sister (3yrs old), and big brother (5yrs old). Life is exciting here for sure. 

I came across this dessert on pinterest, yes I find my recipe inspiration there. I did modify this recipe to make it easier. I hope you enjoy it, cos it truly is delicious, and easy.


Peanut Butter Cup S'mores
-serves 9

Ingredients:
1/2C butter, softened
1/2C brown sugar
1/4C sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
1 1/4C flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1C graham cracker crumbs, either purchase the crumbs or let aggression out with crushing whole graham crackers
9 peaut butter cups, regular size
1 1/2C marshmallow cups or enough to cover peanut butter cups (1 small jar will do)
8x8 greased baking dish

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350, set aside greased baking dish.
2. In a large bowl: beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape down sides as needed. On low, mix in graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, flour, and salt.
3. Spread in 1/2 of dough mixture in baking dish. Place, and press peanut butter cups. Spread marshmallow fluff on top. Press remanding dough mixture on top, press down lightly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for at least 3hrs to set. Once set cut into 9 squares with sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment